Ember combines the best of business consultancy, participatory design, creative learning and philanthropy to create a radically different approach to funding mental health.
How do we do that?
- We identify excellent community-based mental health initiatives through a global call-out and simple application process
- We use our diagnostic tool, the Ember Health Check, to understand their strengths, challenges and needs
- We select a diverse cohort of initiatives to work with
- We establish strong, open relationships with and gain a deeper understanding of their work
- We deliver a 12-month package of mentorship based on their needs. This might include working on strategy, communications and impact evaluation; building staff capabilities and collaborative networks
- We evaluate the impact of our mentorship and the progress made
- We invest in the initiatives we believe have the greatest potential and work with them to reach it