Ember's article on global mental health funding featured in Alliance Magazine Blog
Aug 17, 2023
Securing funds is a pressing challenge for community-based mental health initiatives. Ember's Impact Team conducted a survey of over 100 of these initiatives to better understand this challenge and how funders might help drive transformation.
We are excited to announce that the findings of this survey have been published in a blog piece on the Alliance Magazine website which you can read here.
The survey found that transformation across stages of the funding process is needed to better support community-based mental health organisations.
- Funding opportunities are hard to find out about
- Opportunities fail to align with the day-to-day realities of CBMHIs
- Grant cycles are too short-term
- The funding process takes a toll on the mental health of teams
- Applying and reporting can be a constructive exercise
- It doesn’t take huge amounts of funding